Notre Dame de Monts
The Notre Dame de Monts area is teeming with authentic sites:
- Ecomusée du Daviaud: come and visit the traditional Vendée marsh house, learn about the salt worker profession, local animal species etc.
- Kulmino: a working water tower with panoramic views of 4 different landscapes and an interactive exhibition.
- La Maison de la Dune et de la Forêt: explore the dune and forest setting on guided tours through the dunes and national forest. GPS tour routes.
- Musée de Charles Milcendeau: peruse pieces by the Vendée artist in Charles Milcendeau’s home.
- Skiff and Horse Drawn Carriage ride: A skiff is a small, lightweight, flat-bottomed boat that marshland residents used to get around.
- The Jardin du Vent takes visitors on an artistic, amusing and educational experience.
Full tourist information for the heart of the Notre de Dame de Monts area on : www.oceanmaraisdemonts.fr